Sexual harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination are problems that can impact any employer. Staffing agencies, with little control over the activity and environment where employees are placed, are especially vulnerable. Don’t let these issues derail your business. If an employee files a suit resulting from an incident at a client’s workplace, you may also be liable. In an increasingly complex business climate, employment practices liability insurance can give you peace of mind. In addition to protecting your company against the more common types of claims, you will also be covered for a wide range of other complaints such as:
- Wrongful deprivation of a career opportunity
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful demotion or negligent evaluation
- Employment related slander, libel, defamation or invasion of privacy
- Employment related misrepresentation
- Inappropriate discipline
Employment practices liability insurance allows you to focus your energy on building your business. No one wants to face a lawsuit, but knowing that there will be help to pay the cost of claims against your agency is a powerful stress reliever.
You can also take these steps to address you company’s workplace and help ensure that your business is not a target for employee grievances:
- Make diversity training routine
- Ensure that your policies and procedures are fair and adhere to the law.
- Follow ethical and legal guidelines when dealing with client requests.
Being prepared for a challenging employment situation will allow your business to operate smoothly.